Scroll of teleportation
(Redirected from Scroll of teleport)
Version 0.29: This article is up to date for the latest stable release of Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.
|A scroll that translocates the reader to a random position after a short delay.|
Reading a scroll of teleportation will cause the player to teleport to a random location after several turns have passed, inflicting the Tele status before it happens.
You feel strangely unstable.
The actual duration depends on where you are, and if you have the Orb status
|In the Realm of Zot or when carrying the Orb||8-14 turns|
|In the Abyss (even when carrying the Orb)||8-19 turns|
If you already have the Tele status, then using another scroll will cancel it.
You feel strangely stable.
- Keep in mind that the teleport is entirely random. If you are attempting to escape a dangerous situation, there is a chance that you only teleport a few tiles away, or even into a whole new can of worms!
- A potion of cancellation will also end a teleport (along with any other effects you may have).
- Monsters with Quicksilver Bolt can also cancel your teleportation, whenever you'd like it or not.
- Prior to 0.19, scrolls of teleportation worked normally in The Realm of Zot, before picking up the Orb of Zot.
- Prior to 0.17, it was possible to perform controlled teleports.
- Prior to 0.17, there was a 20% chance that the Abyss would not add time to teleportation.
- Prior to 0.13, controlled teleports did not have a longer delay. In older versions, the Orb did not add time to teleportation.
- ↑ spl-transloc.cc:795 (0.29.1):
|Acquirement • Amnesia • Butterflies • Blinking • Brand weapon • Enchant armour • Enchant weapon • Fear • Fog • Identify • Immolation • Magic mapping • Noise • Poison • Silence • Summoning • Teleportation • Torment • Vulnerability|