Sticks to Snakes
Obsolete: This article refers to an aspect of the game which has been removed. It is retained for historical reference only.
|Sticks to Snakes|
|Source(s)||Book of Changes|
|Transforms a number of arrows in inventory into short-lived snakes, creating more dangerous snakes with higher power.|
Sticks to Snakes is a level 2 Transmutation spell which turns arrows from inventory into snakes.
Turns arrows into allied snakes. Higher spell power may increase the number of creatures created, create stronger snakes and increase their duration. One arrow from inventory is consumed for each snake created.
Possible monsters are:
- S Ball python
- S Adder
- S Water moccasin
These snakes are not real summons, and can not be abjured. They will wither away after a while though.
Number of snakes created is
1 + (1d<power> - 1) / 15, capped at 7. But of course limited to the amount of arrows in the inventory.
Duration class ranges from 3 (around 27 turns) to 5 (around 81 turns). The formula is
3 + (1d<power> - 1) / 20, capped at 5.
- Sticks to Snakes was removed in 0.26.
- Prior to 0.17, Sticks to Snakes required arrows to be wielded.
- Prior to 0.15, Transmutations skill was used instead of spell power for some formulas.
- Prior to 0.14, this spell worked on melee weapons, like clubs and polearms, and could create black mambas or even anacondas, making it much more useful for non-felids.
- ↑ spl-summoning.cc:180 (0.25.0)
- ↑ spl-summoning.cc:179 (0.25.0)