Summon Small Mammal
|Summons a small mammal to the caster's aid.|
Summon Small Mammal is a Summoning spell which summons one weak monster. Summoners start with this spell memorized.
One small mammal is summoned. Higher spell power can result in a stronger mammal.
- r Rat - Low damage and fragile with no redeeming features.
- b Bat - Extremely fast and evasive but does virtually no damage.
- r Quokka - Decent damage and HP. Good all-round.
1 - 10 / <power> chance of a quokka. If quokka was not summoned, there is an equal chance for either a rat or a bat.
Duration of the summon is around 27 turns; it does not depend on the spell power.
- Summon Small Mammal is only a level 1 spell, but it stays useful for a short while in the early-game. Packs of mammals can quite handily defeat most normal threats in the dungeon up until the Ecumenical Temple. Even after the spell loses its killing power, it is still a cheap and useful alternative to Summon Butterflies for escape if you haven't found that yet.
Single cast will summon 1 to 3 creatures, with duration of around 81 turns. Each summoned creature has 33% chance of being a bat, otherwise it will be either a rat, a river rat or a quokka with equal chances.
The following enemies cast Summon Small Mammal:
- Prior to 0.14, this spell could also summon grey rats, and had a summon cap of three.
- Prior to 0.13, this spell could summon multiple creatures, and was known as 'Summon Small Mammals'.
- Prior to 0.12, a more powerful version of the spell known as Vampire Summon was used by vampires, vampire knights, and deep elf summoners. It summoned 3-5 mammals (with orange rats in place of quokkas).
- In 0.6, it was nerfed again, limiting the effect to at most two summoned creatures, and green rats and orange rats were removed from the spell's possible results.
- Prior to to 0.4.3, this spell was affectionately called 'Spammals' for its easy ability to flood your surroundings with allied monsters. The spell was nerfed somewhat for balance reasons.