This article is about the monster. For the player species, see vampire. For a list of all vampires, see list of vampires.
|| A human cursed with vampirism, drifting in a state between life and undeath, perpetually hungry for the blood of the living.|
It wants to drink your blood!
• Scuze me. My friend Burt says you're a vampire hunter. 'zat so?
— Uh yes. Yes it is.
• Well you n'ain't gonna find one round here, mate. They ain't no vampires.
— You don't believe in vampires?
• 'course not!
• But I do believe in con artists. And charletans who like to stir up trouble!
• Dead people who get up at night and suck blood. How stupid do you think we are?
• My place is haunted with 16 ghosts and they all say there n'ain't no vampires!
-Rich Morris, Yet Another Fantasy Gamer Comic
Vampires are undead opponents who focus on nefarious, backhanded attacks to defeat their enemies. They are uncommonly found in the middle floors of the Dungeon, and are a common sight in the Crypt along with their more advanced brethren.
Tips & Tricks
- They aren't very difficult, considering where you meet them. Whack them with a holy weapon or tear them apart with Dispel Undead.
- High magic resistance and see invisible are both helpful when vampires are around.
Prior to 0.12, vampires had the Vampire Summon spell, a monsters-only version of Summon Small Mammals that could potentially produce orange rats.