|Calls forth winds to greatly increase the caster's movement speed. After the effect ends, the caster's movements will be sluggish for a time.|
Once cast movement delay is reduced by 25%, making it easier to escape combat or pursue fleeing enemies. However, after the speed boost ends, your movement speed will be 50% slower for the same amount of time. For centaurs, and anyone with movement delay 7, the fluctuation is smaller: the increase only brings them to 0.6, a 16.7% bonus, while the penalty slows them by 20%.
Swiftness affects formicids, despite their stasis.
- This spell does stack with other sources of speed, such as Haste and boots of running.
- Be aware that if you move onto water (without being airborne), your Swiftness is temporarily ineffective.
- Spriggans cannot cast this spell unless under the effect of transmutations which restore 1.0 move speed (or slower).
- Centaurs only receive a 1 point bonus.
- Swiftness will stack with haste, however, resulting in fluctuations in movement speed between 0.4 and 0.6.
- Cheibriados dislikes the use of Swiftness -- using it will incur penance.
Prior to 0.13 this spell couldn't be cast while standing in shallow water.
- player.cc:2029 (0.19.0)