|Source(s)||Book of Air|
Book of Burglary
|Flags||Hasty, Selfench, Utility|
| Calls forth winds to greatly increase the caster's movement speed. After the effect ends, the caster's movements will be sluggish for a time.
“JUST WALK OUT
Swiftness is a level 3 Air spell which temporarily reduces your movement delay, then slows you after.
Once cast, players get the Swift status, reducing movement delay by 25%. This makes it easier to escape combat or pursue fleeing enemies. However, after the speed boost ends, you will gain -Swift, preventing recasting and making your movement speed 50% slower for the same amount of time. For a regular, 10 speed player, you'll take 0.8 and 1.5 deca-aut to move under Swift and -Swift, respectively.
For anyone with movement delay 7, the fluctuation is smaller: the increase only brings them to 0.6, a 16.7% bonus, while the penalty slows them by 20%. Swiftness can not reduce your movement delay below 0.6, meaning Spriggans recieve no benefit (unless under a transformation with slower movement speed).
- This spell stacks with other sources of speed, such as Haste and the lightning scales.
- Be aware that if you move into water (without being airborne), your Swiftness is temporarily suppressed.
- Due to their stasis, Formicids cannot cast Swiftness.
- Cheibriados dislikes the use of Swiftness -- using it will incur penance.
While monsters can't cast Swiftness, they instead get the functionally equivalent Sprint. Sprint boosts the movement speed of the caster, but has no penalty or cooldown afterwards. Player ghosts with Swiftness will have their spells replaced.
- Prior to 0.27, this spell was a level 2 Air spell.
- Prior to 0.26, Swiftness was a dual-school, level 2 Air/Charms spell.
- Prior to 0.25, Formicids could use Swiftness.
- Prior to 0.14, there was no slowdown after the spell ended, but it penalized stealth and trap detection while active. It also reduced move delay by a flat 0.2 instead of by a percentage.
- Prior to 0.13 this spell couldn't be cast while standing in shallow water.
- ↑ player.cc:1830 (0.29.0)