For the mechanic sometimes referred to as "glow", see magic contamination.
|Causes a halo of glowing light to surround and effectively outline a creature. This glow offsets the dark, musty atmosphere of the dungeon, and makes the affected creature appreciably easier to hit.|
Corona (also known as "glowing" or "backlit") is a status effect and monster-only spell which causes the target to glow with an aura of light.
The Corona status prevents you from going invisible, greatly reduces your stealth, and makes you easier to hit (attackers gain a to-hit bonus of
1d8 + 1). Monsters inflicted by Corona are affected in a similar fashion, though monsters don't have any stealth to reduce.
Other than the Corona spell, the following sources can inflict the Corona status:
- Evoking a piece from Xom's chessboard has a 10% chance to inflict Corona on monsters.
- Ru's Aura of Power may inflict the Corona status on monsters.
- Zin's Recite may inflict Corona on monsters.
- Meteorae have an innate glowing mutation.
The following don't inflict the Corona status directly, but causes the same effect:
- Magic contamination above 5000 (yellow or higher) causes glowing, among other unpleasant effects.
- Setting a target ablaze with Sticky Flame also causes them to glow.
- A halo will backlight all creatures within it.
When you emit a halo, the accuracy bonus does not apply against you - you aren't any easier to hit.
The Corona spell must have line of fire to the target to cast, and it must overcome the target's willpower to inflict the status.
The following enemies cast Corona: