Version 0.26: This article may not be up to date for the latest stable release of Crawl.
|Attack1|| 20 (hit: plain)
|Uses|| Weapons & armour|
|A middle-aged bounty hunter, anxious to retire after one final job. He hopes to settle down somewhere and live a quiet life with his family, using the money from his final bounty: you.|
Harold the Weathered is a unique human bounty hunter who generates with several throwing nets, a decent weapon, and moderately heavy armour. He has high HP and some strong spells which severely limit your ability to escape, but he has no resistances and is only about as strong as an orc knight in melee.
- The Dungeon:7-11
- The Orcish Mines:1
- The Lair:1-2
|Spell set I|
|Slot1||Harpoon Shot (2d12)||Wizard flag|
|Slot2||Sentinel's Mark||Wizard flag|
Tips & Tricks
- The spell Harpoon Shot coupled with his throwing nets can make it extremely difficult to escape Harold, as he will repeatedly pull you towards him and trap you there whilst pummeling you with his competent melee skills.
- Watch out for his Sentinel's Mark, which will often have an extremely high success rate (about 80%) unless you've found willpower-enhancing equipment. If he tags you with it, you'll have enemies from all over the entire floor showing up while Harold keeps you pinned down. As a result, it may be best to fight Harold on a cleared floor where there will be no enemies for him to attract.
- If you run into Harold and aren't ready to fight him, consider escaping to a different floor and coming back through a different staircase to avoid him. Having a good Stealth score makes this easier as you might escape his notice, but even heavily armored brutes can generally manage to get away as long as he stays right at the edge of your line of sight.
- Harold can't see invisible, so feel free to quaff a potion and then hack away. Any other methods of buffing yourself (such as might, haste, berserk, etc.) work as well.
- Prior to 0.22, Harold generated later (D:10-12, Lair:1-4 and Orc:1), had worse armour and weapons, and had the spells Bolt of Fire and Blink instead of Harpoon Shot and Sentinel's Mark.