|A hideous skeletal demon. It swoops through the air on powerful wings of ancient withered skin, taking sadistic joy from harrying those who would try to flee its grasp.|
Hellwings are pesky tier-4 demons with average melee combat skills and decent regeneration. They can make swooping attacks in range-4: when swooping, they land on the opposite side of a target, and instantly make a melee attack. They are found in the Abyss and Pandemonium, and are often summoned by other monsters through the Summon Demon spell.
Tips & Tricks
- Unless you find a hellwing particularly early (mid-Dungeon, Lair), they usually don't pose much of a melee threat. The bigger threat is the hellwing appearing from behind, blocking your escape path.
- Prior to 0.28, hellwings could spawn in the Hells.
- Prior to 0.19, hellwings had the Cigotuvi's Embrace spell and were vulnerable to silver.
- Prior to 0.18, they didn't have the swoop attack formerly possessed by blue devils.
- Prior to 0.17, hellwings had Teleport Self and Teleport Other.
- Prior to 0.16, they couldn't cast Cigotuvi's Embrace.
- Prior to 0.12, player-summoned hellwings could be used to gain permanent undead allies.
- Prior to 0.6, hellwings were tier-3 demons.