|The undead form of someone who died of starvation. It drains sustenance from the bodies of its victims, hoping to inflict its own miserable fate on others.|
Hungry ghosts are the vengeful spirits of adventurers who starved to death, armed with satiation-draining attacks. Although not too strong, they have frustratingly high EV. They are found in the early- to middle-Dungeon.
Tips & Tricks
- Characters with hunger issues should avoid melee combat with hungry ghosts as much as possible. Kite them if you're fast enough, or at least attack them at range as they approach.
- Their hunger effect triggers each time they hit in melee, even when they deal no damage. Characters with high EV have less to worry about.
- Dispel Undead and Airstrike take them out quickly, but any spell with high accuracy that affects the undead will work.
- You can summon your own hungry ghosts with the Haunt spell.
- Hungry ghosts were removed in 0.26.
- Prior to 0.17, the hunger-draining effect of their attacks only applied when they dealt damage. Additionally, hungry ghosts could eat corpses they passed over, leaving skeletons behind when applicable.
- Prior to 0.6, they would not eat corpses.
In the tiles version of Stone Soup, hungry ghosts bear a striking resemblance to the gluttonous character Slimer from Ghostbusters.