|Calls wraiths and ghosts to haunt the caster's target. They will only attack the creature they are haunting, and will dissipate quickly once their target dies.|
Between 2 to 6 monster are summoned around the target. Higher spell power may increase the number of summons. Unlike other summoning spells, Haunt cannot be cast without a valid hostile target.
The composition of the horde is random with the following weightings:
- W Wraith (41.67% chance)
- W Freezing wraith (16.67%)
- W Phantasmal warrior (16.67%)
- W Shadow wraith (8.33%)
- W Phantom (8.33%)
- W Hungry ghost (8.33%)
The summoned ghosts will only attack the target selected by the caster, ignoring player commands. When the haunt target dies, the remaining monsters will expire within a few turns, regardless of how much duration was otherwise remaining (though they will be free to attack other targets during this short window).
Unless the target dies the summons have duration of around 27 turns. This does not depend on the spell power.
The amount of creatures you can summon with this spell is not capped.
- A large number of the monsters summoned by this spell have the potential to slow enemies, and since no enemies can resist this slow, it makes this spell a good way to weaken and ultimately deal with nasty enemies.
- Since the monsters spawn around a target, this spell is a good way to block line of sight to a target.
- The monsters summoned by this spell tend to lack very high damage output.
Monster version of the spell is almost identical to the player version. Number of summons is 2 to 3, and does not depend on the spell power.
Duration class of the summons ranges from 2 (around 18 turns) to 6 (around 171 turns), based on the strength of the caster.
The following enemies may be able to cast Haunt, depending on their spell set:
- Prior to 0.17 this spell inflicted sickness upon the caster.
- Prior to 0.13 this spell could summon flayed ghosts, the ghosts summoned by haunt could attack other targets, and it could be cast on friendly targets.
- Prior to 0.8 the duration of summons created was longer.
- Prior to 0.7 the spell level was 6.
- Haunt was added in 0.6.