Orange crystal statue
|An intricately carved idol of some nameless godling, hewn of translucent orange crystal. Its lifeless eyes seem to glitter uncannily with a wicked intelligence. It is capable of unleashing a powerful psychic assault upon the minds of any who approach it.|
Orange crystal statues are stationary guardians that have the ability to drain your intelligence, your MP, or to confuse you and your allies. Additionally they cast Shadow Creatures, flooding the area around them with powerful summoned monsters. If an orange crystal statue is in your LOS and your intelligence is less than 4, you are at risk of stat zero. They can be found in various vaults almost anywhere after the early Dungeon.
Tips & Tricks
- Wearing a ring of sustain attributes will reduce the intelligence loss.
- In general, try not to fight them while other hostile creatures are around.
- Although they're largely resistant to elemental magic, powerful Earth Magic spells can take them out quickly. Shatter and Lee's Rapid Deconstruction are particularly effective.
Variant Orange Crystal Statues
A Statue of Wucad Mu guards the inner treasure chambers of Wucad Mu's Monastery. Destroying it has the added bonus of wiping out any shadowy monks that are still running around.
|This statue, made from a fine glassy orange crystal, depicts a mystic known as Wucad Mu, who mastered the matters of the mind. Beware of the statue's powers, as you have no chance in mental combat against it.|
| An utterly bizarre statue, hewn from a single piece of dark gabbro scintillating with tiny crystals. It is impossible to tell whether the statue is intended to represent some creature or personage, or is completely abstract.
One thing is certain: it is profoundly disturbing.
- Prior to 0.19, orange crystal statues did not have See Invisible.
- Prior to 0.17, they were speed 6 and did not have the Shadow Creatures or Abjuration spells.
- Prior to 0.15, orange crystal statues inflicted the intelligence loss, MP drain, and confusion through irresistible Divinations miscast effects. They could also be immediately destroyed with a zap from a wand of disintegration.
- Orange crystal statues used to also make you forget spells and maps.