For a list of all elementals, see list of elementals.
|A spirit drawn from the elemental plane of air. It exists in this world as a lightning-spitting spirit, stunning foes with its crackling bursts.|
Air elementals are beings of animated wind. Fast and evasive, they are capable of dealing moderate physical damage. More threatening is their Stunning Burst, which can cause a 1-turn paralysis. Stunning Burst ignores willpower, though it can be evaded, and rElec has a 50% chance to prevent the paralysis.
Monsters can summon them using the Summon Air Elementals spell, and sometimes they will be found following spriggan air mages. Otherwise, you typically find them in the Elven Halls, the Abyss, the Cloud Mages' Chambers, and certain air- or wind-themed vaults. You can summon them yourself by invoking Qazlal's Elemental Force when storm clouds or clouds of smoke are visible.
Tips & Tricks
- Even one turn of paralysis can be deadly if it happens when you're standing next to a pack of monsters. At the very least, retreat to a corridor when encountering air elementals, and try to limit their lines of fire.
- Stunning Burst pierces through enemies. This means that air elementals can fire through monsters immune to electricity, such as dancing weapons, earth elementals, and other air elementals.
- With high EV and low AC, attacks that never miss (such as Airstrike) can work well.
- A tin of tremorstones can also be effective, since it has high accuracy.
- Prior to 0.27, air elementals had Vortex (a lesser version of Tornado) instead of Stunning Burst, and were resistant to the Tornado spell.
- Prior to 0.22, air elementals had wind resistance instead of tornado resistance; notably, this also gave them immunity to Airstrike.
- Prior to 0.21, air elementals did not have Vortex.
- Prior to 0.17, air elementals could dissipate, effectively submerging themselves in air, only to reform a few turns later.