For a list of all elementals, see list of elementals.
|A spirit drawn from the elemental plane of air. It exists in this world as a swirling vortex of air.|
Air elementals are beings of animated wind. Fast and evasive, they are capable of dealing moderate physical damage and can create weak tornados around them, throwing you into the air and about the room and dealing extra damage to flying characters.
Monsters can summon them using the Summon Air Elementals spell, and sometimes they will be found following spriggan air mages. Otherwise, you typically only find them in the Elven Halls, the Abyss, the Cloud Mages' Chambers, and certain vaults.
You can also summon them yourself by invoking Qazlal's Elemental Force when storm clouds or clouds of smoke are visible.
Air elementals are resistant to the spell Tornado.
Tips & Tricks
- Air elementals are always flying, which makes them vulnerable to Airstrike.
- If using Qazlal's Elemental Force, the friendliness of the elemental will depend on the source of the cloud: Your clouds are friendly, ambient clouds are neutral, enemy clouds are hostile.
- It's better if you engage them on the ground rather than in the air; much like Tornado, their Vortex ability deals more damage if you are in flight.
- Try to fight them in a corridor or enclosed space. Vortex is much less effective in small spaces.
- Prior to 0.22, air elementals had wind resistance instead of tornado resistance; notably, this also gave them immunity to Airstrike.
- Prior to 0.21, air elementals did not have Vortex.
- Prior to 0.17, air elementals could dissipate, effectively submerging themselves in air, only to reform a few turns later.