For a list of all elementals, see list of elementals.
|A spirit drawn from the elemental plane of air. It exists in this world as a lightning-spitting spirit, stunning foes with its crackling bursts.|
Air elementals are beings of animated wind. Fast and evasive, they are capable of dealing moderate physical damage. More threatening is their Stunning Burst, which can cause a 1-turn paralysis that is not affected by willpower (but is partially resistible with electricity resistance; rElec prevents paralysis 50% of the time).
Monsters can summon them using the Summon Air Elementals spell, and sometimes they will be found following spriggan air mages. Otherwise, you typically find them in the Elven Halls, the Abyss, the Cloud Mages' Chambers, and certain air- or wind-themed vaults.
You can also summon them yourself by invoking Qazlal's Elemental Force when storm clouds or clouds of smoke are visible.
Tips & Tricks
- Even one turn of paralysis can be deadly if it happens when you're standing next to a pack of monsters. At least retreat to a corridor when encountering air elementals, and try to limit their lines of fire.
- Prior to 0.27, air elementals had Vortex (a lesser version of Tornado) instead of Stunning Burst, and were resistant to the Tornado spell.
- Prior to 0.22, air elementals had wind resistance instead of tornado resistance; notably, this also gave them immunity to Airstrike.
- Prior to 0.21, air elementals did not have Vortex.
- Prior to 0.17, air elementals could dissipate, effectively submerging themselves in air, only to reform a few turns later.