|A spirit drawn from the elemental plane of water. It exists on this world as part of a body of water and can engulf other beings in its form, depriving them of breath and voice.|
Water elementals are vaguely humanoid blobs of water, surging toward their foes and drowning the unwary. They are immune to electricity and poison, and their melee attacks occasionally engulf their victims, dealing moderate asphyxiation damage each turn until their prey escapes.
They can be found in the company of the merfolk witch Ilsuiw and her merfolk aquamancers, occur naturally throughout Cocytus, and can be summoned by monsters through the Summon Water Elementals spell.
Tips & Tricks
- Avoid simply tabbing your way through combat with water elementals. Once they've engulfed you, you'll start taking irresistible damage each turn, but moving away from them breaks this effect. If possible, retreat each time they start the process.
- Players of unbreathing races are immune to the engulf damage and can still cast spells normally, making water elementals much less dangerous.
- Their electricity resistance makes it difficult for Air Magic-users to take them out, though Airstrike is a perfectly acceptable method for defeating them.
- Keep in mind that they move much faster when in water.
- If using Qazlal's Elemental Force, the friendliness of the elemental will depend on the source of the cloud: Your clouds are friendly, ambient clouds are neutral, enemy clouds are hostile.
Prior to 0.13, water elementals had normal melee attacks.