|A dwarven magician, particularly well-attuned to the dungeon around him. He wields powerful earth magic in combat.|
Tips & Tricks
- Avoid him if you have low magic resistance. Petrify is his most dangerous weapon, as it makes his LRD phenomenally powerful against you. If he does manage to tag you with Petrify, immediately read a scroll of teleportation; you might end up someplace dangerous, but chances are nothing else you run into will be able to hurt your petrified body quite as badly as Jorgrun.
- Quaffing a potion of cancellation before you turn fully to stone is another option for negating his Petrify spell, though he may just petrify you again a turn later.
- Gargoyles and players in Ice Form or Statue Form are innately vulnerable to LRD. Transmuters should avoid using Ice or Statue Form against him, and gargoyles should be very careful around him—be prepared to use a scroll of blinking or teleportation if you take too much damage.
- Low-AC characters should stay away from walls while you're fighting him, as Lee's Rapid Deconstruction can deal heavy damage. Even heavily armored characters may wish to stay away from walls of crystal or metal during the fight.
- As a melee character, Silence him. As a caster, a well placed curare tipped needle can make the difference.
- Prior to 0.23, he could not spawn in Swamp, and he hadn't the Grasping Roots spell, a single-target version of the player spell Borgnjor's Vile Clutch.
- Prior to 0.22, Jorgrun had Shatter in place of Iron Shot, and spawned significantly later.
- Prior to 0.17, Jorgrun was a deep dwarf and could not regenerate.
- In 0.15 his glyph was changed from 'q' to 'g'.
- Jorgrun was added in 0.12.