|A dwarven magician, particularly well-attuned to the dungeon around him. He wields powerful earth magic in combat.|
- The Depths
- The Elven Halls: 2-3
- The Swamp: 2-4
- The Snake Pit: 2-4
- The Shoals: 2-4
- The Spider's Nest: 2-4
- The Vaults
- The Crypt
- The Tomb
Tips & Tricks
- Avoid him if you have low magic resistance. Petrify is his most dangerous weapon, as it makes his LRD and Shatter phenomenally powerful against you. If he does manage to tag you with Petrify, immediately read a scroll of teleportation; you might end up someplace dangerous, but chances are nothing else you run into will be able to hurt your petrified body quite as badly as Jorgrun.
- Quaffing a potion of cancellation before you turn fully to stone is another option for negating his Petrify spell, though he may just petrify you again a turn later.
- Flying is very useful here, because it divides the damage you take from Shatter by 3. However, it won't prevent petrification, and you'll lose the advantage flying provides if you are petrified.
- Gargoyles and players in Ice Form or Statue Form are innately vulnerable to LRD and Shatter. Transmuters should avoid using Ice or Statue Form against him, and gargoyles should consider avoiding him entirely.
- Low-AC characters should stay away from walls while you're fighting him, as Lee's Rapid Deconstruction can deal heavy damage. Even heavily armored characters may wish to stay away from walls of crystal or metal during the fight.
- As a melee character, Silence him. As a caster, a well placed curare tipped needle can make the difference.
Jorgrun was added in 0.12.