|| A dwarven magician, particularly well-attuned to the dungeon around him. He wields powerful earth magic in combat.
Jorgrun Earthshaker is a unique dwarf Earth Elementalist. He wields a staff of earth (33%) or a quarterstaff of crushing (66%).
Tips & Tricks
- Avoid him if you have low magic resistance. Petrify is his most dangerous weapon, as it makes his LRD phenomenally powerful against you. If he does manage to tag you with Petrify, immediately read a scroll of teleportation; you might end up someplace dangerous, but chances are nothing else you run into will be able to hurt your petrified body quite as badly as Jorgrun.
- Quaffing a potion of cancellation before you turn fully to stone is another option for negating his Petrify spell, though he may just petrify you again a turn later.
- Followers of certain gods may be able to take care of the petrification in other ways. Elyvilon and Ru give worshipers the Purification and Draw Out Power abilities, respectively, while Zin's Vitalisation grants complete protection from petrification.
- Gargoyles and players in Ice Form or Statue Form are innately vulnerable to LRD. Transmuters should avoid using Ice or Statue Form against him, and gargoyles should be very careful around him—be prepared to use a scroll of blinking or teleportation if you take too much damage.
- Low-AC characters should stay away from walls while you're fighting him, as Lee's Rapid Deconstruction can deal heavy damage. Even heavily armored characters may wish to stay away from walls made of crystal or metal during the fight.
- As a melee character, Silence him. As a caster, a well placed curare tipped needle can make the difference.