For a list of all demonspawn, see list of demonspawn.
|Amaemon always knew he was different, but it was still a horrific surprise when his demonic heritage manifested. As his body twisted, Amaemon was forced to flee far from the surface. The passage of time has only left him more obsessed with what he has lost - consumed by poison both physical and spiritual.|
Amaemon the Diabolical Poisoner is a unique demonspawn with an orange demon friend, the ability to summon scorpions, and a weakly enchanted demon whip of venom (with a 1% of instead being Snakebite). He tops this off with Concentrate Venom, increasing the power of all this poison.
Tips & Tricks
- Poison resistance is highly recommended. If you don't have it, consider avoiding Amaemon until you find some; if that isn't an option, do your best to kill him as quickly as possible, preferably from a distance.
- Much like other summoner/ally-focused monsters, aim to limit how many things can strike you during the fight. Retreating to a corridor or a kill hole will cut down on the poison you'll take. Killing Amaemon will remove the main threat from the fight -- an orange demon on its own tends to be a fairly easy foe.
- If you focus on using physical attacks, try not to close to melee range with Amaemon's orange demon ally; being weakened means you'll take longer to kill Amaemon, giving him and his scorpions that much more time to inject lethal amounts of poison.
- Many characters, whether they were using Maces & Flails or not, will appreciate getting an early demon whip off of Amaemon. It might come with a small negative enchantment, but it's well worth using some scrolls of enchant weapon to beef it up.
- Amaemon was introduced in 0.29.