Cloud card

From CrawlWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Version 0.21: This article may not be up to date for the latest stable release of Crawl.
The card depicts an iron gate enshrouded in mist.

The Cloud card surrounds all hostile monsters in sight with damaging clouds, varying with card power level and with each surrounded enemy:

  • Power level 0: mephitic noxious fumes (80% chance) or poison gas (20% chance)
  • Power level 1: flame clouds or freezing vapours
  • Power level 2: miasma's foul pestilence or acidic fog

Clouds will not be placed directly ontop of any enemies.

It is found in the following decks:

0.15 0.16 0.17 0.18 0.19 and beyond

Destruction
War

Defence
Escape

Defence
Escape

Defence
Escape

Escape

See also

History

  • In the simplification of decks in 0.19, the Cloud card was one of 23 cards to be kept, now appearing only in the deck of escape.
  • Prior to 0.16, it would simply disperse a number of flame clouds or freezing vapours anywhere in sight (except ontop of players and allies), the number dependent on card power level.
  • The Cloud card was introduced in 0.15 as a repurposing alteration of the Flame card, which was eliminated.
  • In 0.15 the cloud card used to surround enemies with clouds of either fire or cold.