Version 0.28: This article may not be up to date for the latest stable release of Crawl.
|The card depicts a royal crypt, its entrance sealed by a heavy stone slab.|
The Tomb card surrounds the player with a single layer of temporary rock walls. This layer may not be complete, and the duration is calculated by:
10 + power/20 + 1d(power/4) – 1.
Propagation of effects
The entombment effect iterates and checks each adjacent tile surrounding the player. If the following are found, further effects to that tile do not occur:
- If a
3/powerchance occurs, or
- the tile contains a monster (including plants), or
- any solid (impassible) dungeon feature.
Note that the wall will be built over water, lava, stairs, portals, altars, doors, etc. These features will be restored when the temporary walls disappear.
If the above are not found, the check continues:
- Any clouds in that tile are destroyed.
- The terrain type of the tile is changed to an ordinary rock wall.
- Any items on the floor will be displaced to an adjacent square.
- Prior to their removal in 0.27, mechanical traps would be destroyed by the tomb.
- Prior to 0.22, some dungeon features like doors would not be changed into rock walls.
|Deck of destruction||Degeneration • The Orb • Pain • The Storm • Vitriol • Wild Magic|
|Deck of escape||The Cloud • The Elixir • Exile • The Tomb • Velocity|
|Deck of summoning||The Dance • The Elements • The Illusion • The Swarm • The Pentagram • The Rangers|
|Deck of punishment||Swine • Torment • Wraith • Wrath|