|| The card depicts an iron wheel, menacing with spikes and rusted with blood.
Drawing this card unleashes a necromantic attack spell.
The Pain card unleashes a necromantic attack spell, determined by power level:
- Power level 0: Agony
- Power level 1: Bolt of Draining
- Power level 2: Invokes torment against all living creatures in your line of sight, excluding yourself.
- Prior to 0.25, at level 2 the Pain card would summon a flayed ghost and flay all natural monsters in sight for 40% of their HP. The flaying was reversed when the flayed ghost died.
- Prior to 0.20, level 2 effects were weaker. Enemies were flayed only for 20% of their HP, and the card dealt 5 damage to the player. Also, if there was no space to spawn a flayed ghost, the card did nothing instead of downgrading to level 1 effect (Bolt of Draining).
- The Pain card could be found in the following decks over the past several versions. In older versions it could cast Symbol of Torment, a mixed blessing for the player.