|Freezes an adjacent creature, dealing damage that bypasses any armour the target may have. This may temporarily slow cold-blooded creatures.|
Freeze is a level 1 Ice Magic spell which deals unavoidable cold damage (1d11 at max spell power) to an adjacent target and may slow cold-blooded enemies. It never misses and ignores AC, but enemies with cold resistance will take significantly less damage.
Ice Elementalists begin with this spell memorized.
Tips & Tricks
- This spell's comparatively high damage and the fact that it ignores both AC and EV make it useful for far longer than most level 1 spells.
- Freeze is an excellent spell for taking out out-of-depth cold-blooded monsters, such as adders, bullfrogs, or water moccasins.
- Freeze can also come in handy for fighting both highly evasive monsters (such as killer bees) or early monsters that can turn invisible (such as orc wizards or sky beasts)
- While Freeze can slow a hydra, a well-planned Frozen Ramparts can do so from a greater distance, and the hydra may resist the slow effect. Don't rely on this.
- Players may gain a passive version of this spell as a mutation, which counters all melee attacks with this spell for free.
The monster version of Freeze works identically to the player version.
The following enemies cast Freeze:
- J Endoplasm (1d5 damage)
- Prior to 0.17, Freeze delayed enemies without cold resistance for 0-6 auts.