| A decayed cadaver, reanimated and accursed with a terrible hunger. It desires nothing but to feed on the flesh of the living, and will fell its victims with its vicious claws.
“In the desert
Ghouls are one of the nastier threats in the Crypt. Their brutal melee attacks will damage even the most heavily armoured of characters, they tend to appear in packs, they can move at normal speed, and they have over twice the health of a skeletal warrior. Fortunately, they have no defences beyond their tremendous HP and the standard undead immunities.
Tips & Tricks
- Dispel Undead is an option, although it will take 4-5 casts to kill one on average. It may be better to simply use high-level Conjurations, especially if you can line the entire pack up in a hallway and hit several at once. Melee characters have a harder time of things, but can use weapons of holy wrath, choke points, and stair dancing to make the situation a little easier.
- Yredelemnul will eventually gift you allied ghouls.
- Prior to 0.24, followers of Fedhas Madash could instantly destroy ghouls with the Fungal Bloom ability.
- Prior to 0.17, they had a rotting attack.
- Prior to 0.15, ghouls could use weapons and armour.
- Prior to 0.13, they would inflict rot twice as often.
- Prior to 0.8, ghouls had less health and lower damage.