| The vicious and heavily armed skeleton of a humanoid creature, animated by unholy power.
“Speak! speak! thou fearful guest!
Skeletal warriors are surprisingly dangerous undead monsters which travel in packs. Although they resemble small skeletons, they move at average speed, have significant durability, and come armed with powerful branded weapons. They are found in the mid-to-late-Dungeon, the Crypt, and the Abyss.
Tips & Tricks
- Avoid letting them attack you more than one at a time. Hallways help, but keep an eye out for skeletons armed with polearms.
- Dispel Undead will take them down in two or three castings.
- Control Undead works well to turn them against each other, which will help thin out their numbers and likely give you a chance to escape if necessary.
- Weapons of holy wrath are also effective, the bigger, the better.
- If you don't have any way to reliably take on a pack of skeletal warriors, consider skipping them and coming back once you've leveled up more. Even a single skeletal warrior can kill a lightly armored character in a few hits, especially if they've got a big, nasty weapon.
Variant Skeletal Warrior
| Since when is having flesh a requirement to be a master archer? These skeletal fellows can turn you into a bloody hedgehog with ease. Meatlings like you are only good for a supply of sinew for bowstrings anyway.
"For a glory of all evil spirits rise for victory
-Mastiphal, "For a Glory of All Evil Spirits"
Prior to 0.13, skeletal warriors possessed Animate Dead, a spell which they rarely had a chance to use, mostly being found in corpseless branches. Also prior to 0.13, ancient champions were vault-defined variants of skeletal warriors, as opposed to their own type of monster.