For a list of all merfolk, see list of merfolk.
|merfolk siren m|
|Speed||10 (swim: 60%)|
|Attack1|| 19 (hit: plain)
|Uses|| Weapons & armour|
| A beguiling merfolk whose voice can mesmerize listeners.
“Row'd on, in reach of an erected voice,
Sirens are amphibious creatures with the head and upper body of a female humanoid, and the tail of a fish that can turn into a pair of legs on land. Their singing will mesmerise you, preventing you from moving away. Sirens are commonly found in the Shoals or guarding the entrance to it.
|Spell set I|
|Slot1||Siren Song||Wizard flag|
Tips & Tricks
- High willpower will let you ignore a siren's song. The effect can also be broken early by killing or confusing the siren, using a scroll of silence, or using a scroll of fog to reduce your LOS so the siren can't see you anymore.
- Blinks and teleports can also break mesmerisation if you manage to leave LOS.
- Fortunately, sirens still try to close into melee with you. Unless you're in extreme danger, all you really have to do is wait for them to get close enough for you to hit them (though they often have polearms, allowing them to poke at you from a distance).
- Prior to 0.16, they were called mermaids. The monsters previously known as sirens were renamed to merfolk avatars.
- Prior to 0.15, merfolk players were immune to the effects of siren song.