- This article is about the spell. For the monster, see Simulacrum (monster)
|Creates an icy replica from the corpse of the original being. This magic is unstable, so eventually the replica will sublimate into a freezing cloud. Simulacra cannot leave the level they were created on. The number of simulacra created depends on the size of the creature and spell power.|
Casting Simulacrum converts a single corpse laying at your feet into undead beings made of ice. The number of simulacra created is randomized, but increases based on spell power and the size of the corpse. Maximum amount is 8.
The kind of simulacrum created is based on the type of the original monster slain. These creatures will do additional ice damage on top of the normal damage for their kind, so the damage output of creatures with multiple attacks is greatly increased. When killed, simulacra leave behind only a short-lived freezing cloud.
Tips & Tricks
- Followers of Kikubaaqudgha, having a reliable source of corpses, can use this spell to great effect. Eight titan simulacra can bring down even the Hell lords, and combining it with liberal use of Sublimation of Blood lets you create an endless hordes of snowmen while you stand safely behind them.
- Corpses of Shapeshifters and Glowing shapeshifters are unaffected by Animate Dead, but it's possible to create simulacra with them.
- Prior to 0.19, simulacra's duration was significantly longer.
- Prior to 0.17, the spell would turn all corpses in line of sight into Simulacra. Some monsters were also able to cast the spell.
- Prior to 0.16, you needed to wield a chunk of meat to cast Simulacrum.
- Between versions 0.11 and 0.14, Simulacrum could be cast on wielded carnivorous food items.
- spl-summoning.cc:1983 (0.24.0)