Version 0.29: This article may not be up to date for the latest stable release of Crawl.
|Attack1|| 35 (hit: plain)
|Uses|| Weapons & armour|
|A master weaponsmith, her flesh melding into steel so smoothly that it's hard to tell where one ends and the other begins. She entered the Dungeon to search for the secrets of an ancient, long-suppressed cult, said to have exalted metal over flesh. The price of knowledge was her humanity - a price she paid eagerly.|
Zenata, Seeker of Sheza is an extremely dangerous unique, particularly lethal to low-AC spellcasters. Her Sheza's Dance will summon a pack of hasted dancing weapons, which will move at stupendous speed to encircle the player, only for Zenata to pelt her unfortunate victim with an empowered smite increasing in damage with the number of dancing weapons adjacent to her target.
- Elven Halls
- Vaults: 1-4
|Spell set I|
|Slot1||Resonance Strike (3d15+)||Wizard flag|
|Slot2||Sheza's Dance||Wizard flag|
Tips & Tricks
- Hasted dancing weapons are blazingly fast. Once she has summoned them, escaping Zenata is almost impossible - even a scroll of blinking will have them rush to be in melee range of you in one or two turns.
- Strategies that normally work against dancing weapons are as effective as ever - Borgnjor's Vile Clutch, Summon Cactus Giant, Airstrike and Iskenderun's Mystic Blast are all spells with irresistible, unavoidable physical damage bound to tear through their minuscule HP pools. Many of these spells can also damage Zenata herself.
- Zenata herself is not particularly durable, lacking in elemental resistances or even see invisible. She should be fairly easy to take down with a few attacks or spells - though getting this damage in before getting swarmed by her summons is a different story.
- Expect to reset the battle a few times with a scroll of teleportation until she abstains from summoning dancing weapons for a turn or two, and leaves herself wide open for the kill. Pushing a battle when she has enough dancing weapons to completely encircle you is suicide.
- Zenata was introduced in 0.29.