|It has been enchanted to dance through the air and attack under its own power.|
Dancing weapons are weapons animated into life and capable of attacking on their own. They are fast and hit relatively hard, and their high EV, wide array of resistances, and immunity to many spells makes up for their minimal HP. Be aware that their stats vary based on the weapon type (dancing daggers are much less of a threat than dancing giant spiked clubs, for instance), and that dancing branded weapons will have especially potent attacks.
Instead of leaving corpses, dancing weapons simply become their base weapons when killed (unless they were summoned, in which case they disappear). These weapons may be enchanted or branded.
Friendly weapons can appear via:
Hostile weapons can appear via:
- Wandering the Vaults and the Depths, also level 2 of the Elven Halls (Hall of Blades)
- The strange machines in Tukima's Studio
- Xom action
- Beogh's wrath
Tips & Tricks
- Non-elemental Conjurations, such as Airstrike or Iskenderun's Mystic Blast, are very effective against dancing weapons (Airstrike especially so, since it's being applied to a flying target).
- Dancing weapons also lack see invisible, so stabbing specialists with access to invisibility should have an easy time with them.
- Note the differences between a hostile dancing weapon and a weapon mimic: weapon mimics are much slower, have only a poison-branded attack which bears no relation to the weapon being mimicked, and leave no "corpse."
- In console, dancing weapons are distinguishable at a glance from normal melee weapons since they are "reversed": dancing weapons are represented by , while normal weapons are represented by .