|| It deals increased damage compared to normal ammo.
Steel is an throwing weapon brand that can found on tomahawks and javelins. Ammo with this brand deals 30% more damage.
Although it lacks any special abilities, steel ammo is a good choice for general use. However, it is less effective than silver when attacking vulnerable enemies. It is a rare find outside of god gifts and certain high-level monsters.
Note that while steel is a material in real life, in Crawl, it and silver are implemented as brands, so you can't have a poisoned steel javelin or a silver exploding tomahawk.
- In 0.24, steel will be merged with silver.
- Prior to 0.18, this brand could be found on sling bullets and bolts.
- Prior to 0.16, steel ammunition would mulch 10% as often as normal.
- Prior to 0.15, steel ammunition weighed 300% as much as normal.
- Prior to 0.9.0, steel ammunition dealt 50% more damage.
- The steel brand was added in 0.6.0.