|At first glance, this piece of sculpted granite appears inert. The red glow from its eyes, however, suggests it is no mere stone. Although it is rooted to its base, it can still move parts of itself.|
A firespitter statue is a hostile statue-type monster, capable of blasting trespassers with powerful Fire Magic. They can be found guarding certain vaults in the Volcano, usually positioned in such a way that you must cross a large room to reach them.
Tips & Tricks
- This statue may have some allies accompanying it. Lure them away and kill them in a safe place rather than rushing in and attempting to fight everything at once. Once everything else is taken care of, then you can worry about the statue.
- Obviously, fire resistance will come in handy if you need to get within range of its spells. Most humanoids in the Volcano will be wearing armour which offers rF+, so if your body armour lacks that ego, consider switching for the duration of the fight. The loss of a few points of AC or EV are less important than adding an extra chunk of resistance.
- Characters with ranged weapons or spells that can target anything on screen can simply blast it at the edge of their line of sight, retreating if injured to safety. It's somewhat durable, but its lack of regeneration makes this strategy a valid option.
- Invisibility is your friend, as it can't see you. Hasted and buffed you can solve the task in melee without risking much spell attacks.
- Silence could also be helpful if you are a melee character.