|This spell fires a shaft of concussive force which can send its target hurtling backwards if the impact is not nullified by their defenses.|
Force Lance is a level 4 Conjurations/Translocations spell which shoots a shaft of force at a single target, dealing damage on par with Iskenderun's Mystic Blast. Its range is short, but it can knock its target back up to two spaces and briefly stun it (4-9 auts). These additional effects can only occur if the target took damage, and lighter monsters are easier to knock back than heavy ones.
Tips & Tricks
- Although you can simply cast Force Lance directly at the target, aiming your spell beyond it and to the left or right will allow you to direct where your opponent is shoved. If you'd like to force your opponent back when he's got a wall directly behind him, this can be very helpful.
- The push-back and stun effects allow you to kite opponents even if you aren't playing a fast character. However, these effects are not especially reliable (especially against armoured or larger opponents) and the spell can miss; don't think it makes you invincible when fighting melee opponents.
- You can't use this spell to push monsters into lava or deep water.
- Be careful before using this spell against ranged attackers. You really don't want to create space between yourself and a centaur warrior. Only use this against those sorts of enemies if there's a wall or monster behind them to hold them in place.
- This spell has a great synergy with Conjure Flame, simply create a flame cloud behind your enemy and enjoy the barbecue !
Prior to 0.14, Force Lance was a level 5 spell.
Force Lance was added in 0.12.