|Fires a shaft of concussive force. If the impact deals damage, it may knock the target back.|
Force Lance is a monster-only spell which deals damage and knocks the target back. The chance to knock back depends on the caster's HD and target size. If the target is a monster, it is briefly stunned (4-9 auts). The maximum distance is
2 + 6 * HD/25 tiles.
If it would knock a creature into impassable terrain (walls, deep water, lava, through a monster), movement is stopped and the target takes impact damage instead. It cannot move stationary monsters like statues or oklob plants.
The following enemies cast Force Lance:
- e Deep elf knight (3d14 damage)
- @ Erica (3d13 damage)
- @ Frederick (3d22 damage)
- R Rakshasa (3d14 damage)
- N Salamander mystic (3d15 damage)
- * Wretched star (3d14 damage)
The following enemies may be able to cast Force Lance, depending on their spell set:
- Pandemonium lord (3.4% chance)
Force Lance can push you off stairs, so be careful when stair dancing. In other cases, the knock back is usually a minor nuisance, though it can mess with your positioning. It can be particularly bad for melee characters, who have to spend turns moving towards the enemy.
- Prior to 0.25, Force Lance was a level 4 Translocations/Conjurations spell available to players.
- Prior to 0.16, Force Lance was strictly a Conjurations spell, was less accurate, and did not knock enemies back as effectively.
- Prior to 0.14, Force Lance was a level 5 spell.
- Prior to 0.13, Force Lance was a level 2 spell in the book of Conjurations with less range and damage.
- Force Lance was added in 0.12.