|A member of the salamander's scholarly caste, possessed of lesser size and strength, but wise in the ways of magic.|
Distant relatives of the nagas, salamander mystics are magically-gifted, fiery snake men that possess the ability to haste their allies and pelt you with modestly powerful conjurations. Unsurprisingly, they are immune to fire and vulnerable to cold. They can be found with naga allies in the Snake Pit, as well as with groups of other salamanders in the Depths.
Tips & Tricks
- Fire resistance greatly reduces their ability to deal damage to you, but even then they can still provide dangerous support for their allies.
- Prior to 0.25, salamander mystics had Iskenderun's Mystic Blast instead of Force Lance.
- Prior to 0.18, salamander mystics had Localized Ignite Poison in their spellset, making them dangerous to characters that had been heavily poisoned by nagas.
- Prior to 0.17, Localized Ignite Poison always affected players with naturally poisonous flesh (nagas, kobolds, green draconians, or Spider Form)
- Salamander mystics were added in 0.14.