For a list of all arthropods, see list of arthropods.
|A close relative of the fire crab, twisted by proximity to negative energy. Apparitions of the dead swirl around it, only barely visible.|
Ghost crabs are aggravating amphibious opponents which flood the battlefield with spectral mist clouds, damaging non-undead targets and summoning branch-appropriate spectral things to assault you. They are durable enough to take a hit or two, and inflict draining with their melee attacks, but more often than not simply blast you from the back row while their summons tear you apart. They can be found in the Swamp.
Tips & Tricks
- Laying down your own clouds will prevent a ghost crab from filling those tiles with spectral mist. A scroll of fog is your safest bet, and it's easy to lure the guy into your cloud bank so you can take him out at close range. If you have poison resistance, Mephitic Cloud also works wonderfully.
- Ghost crabs have relatively low magic resistance, which makes them good targets for hex spells and wands.
- Prior to 0.20, ghost crabs had multi-holiness (Natural and Undead). They weren't susceptible to weapons of holy wrath or Dispel Undead and also were vulnerable to poison.
- Prior to 0.19, their spectral mist could heal all undead, including undead players.
- Prior to 0.16, ghost crabs weren't amphibious and weren't resistant to rotting.