Version 0.26: This article may not be up to date for the latest stable release of Crawl.
For a list of all eyeballs, see list of eyeballs.
|golden eye G|
|Type||giant eyeball, golden eye|
|Flags|| See invisible|
| A tiny and shimmering floating eye, swift as the wind and glistening like gold. It has a peculiarly hypnotic look.
“No coveting nor envy burns
Golden eyes are fast, constantly-blinking pack enemies that do no damage, but try to confuse you with their gaze if they can overcome your willpower. They can be found in the Slime Pits, Abyss, and can be summoned by a few enemies through the Summon Eyeballs spell.
|Spell set I|
|Slot1||Confusion Gaze||Magical flag|
Tips & Tricks
- Having at least Will+++ or clarity will render them harmless.
- Wands of iceblast and Fireball are excellent for bypassing their annoying EV at range, but mind the noise.
- Airstrike will usually one-shot them, given their low HP, lack of AC, and flight.
- Prior to 0.18, golden eyes couldn't see invisible.
- Prior to 0.16, they were immune to magic.