Wand of iceblast
|A magical device which throws exploding shards of ice, partially harming even creatures resistant of cold.|
A wand of iceblast creates an unavoidable, 3x3 explosion, much like a cold version of Fireball. This wand is 50% irresistible; it deals 50% cold and 50% physical damage. For example, a monster immune to cold will take half damage from this wand.
Tips & Tricks
- Wands of iceblast fill a unique slot in any Evocations specialist's arsenal, as enemies can't evade the attack or ignore it entirely with willpower. They can be used to finish off a deadly monster, or to kill high EV enemies like boggarts and spriggans. Just be aware that they lack power without much Evocations training.
- Firing a wand of iceblast point-blank at your foe guarantees you'll be caught in the blast. Use it before engaging in melee, or angle your shot diagonally behind your foe if possible.
- Monsters aren't willing to blast themselves. Against an Ijyb with iceblast, being adjacent will prevent the wand from being used. (Monsters aren't smart enough to aim diagonally behind.)
- Prior to 0.30, iceblast's damage was 60% irresistible.
- Prior to 0.24, monsters couldn't use this wand.
- Prior to 0.21, wands of iceblast could hold at most 15 charges.
- Wands of iceblast were added in 0.18.
| Acid / Light / Quicksilver • Iceblast / Roots • Charming / Paralysis|
Digging • Flame • Mindburst • Polymorph