|An ancient pharaoh, embalmed and cursed to undeath, now capable of great and terrifying feats of magic.|
Greater mummies have all the brutal spell options of mummy priests but with much greater durability. They're resistant to electricity and cold, immune to Hexes, poison, and negative energy, and have the most powerful death curse in the game. They can be found in the Tomb, on Tomb-themed Ziggurat floors, and in the company of Khufu.
Tips & Tricks
- Greater mummies are extremely dangerous opponents, tormenting and smiting you from a safe distance while their summons and mummy allies slow you down. Don't let them live any longer than you have to.
- Catching them with Silence will shut down all of their spells, making them much more manageable.
- A ring of sustain abilities and being undead through Necromutation or just by nature will take much of the sting out of their death curse. Abjuration is also useful for getting rid of any demonic reinforcements.
- For such a strong monster, they have decidedly a lackluster HD of 15. Unfortunately, their magic immunity and undead resistances make this mostly irrelevant, but it does give them a few small but notable weaknesses:
- They are somewhat vulnerable to Zin's Recite power.
- Their spellpower isn't that great. This will make their Abjuration attempts not particularly powerful, while their own summons will be not too difficult to abjure.