Version 0.28: This article may not be up to date for the latest stable release of Crawl.
|Attack1|| 35 (hit: plain)
|Uses|| Weapons & armour|
| An incredibly powerful emperor on the way to godhood. He died quite some time ago, but he sees no reason why that should stop him.
“And then I looked farther, beyond the pallid line of the sands, and I saw a Pyramid of gold, the wonder Khufu had built. As a golden wonder it saluted me, as a golden thing it greeted me, as a golden miracle I shall remember it.”
Khufu the Undying Pharaoh is a unique royal mummy who couples tremendous durability with the ability to smite or torment you at will. He is accompanied by an entourage of mummies and royal mummies.
|Spell set I|
|Slot1||Summon Emperor Scorpions||Wizard flag|
|Slot2||Smiting (7-17)||Wizard flag|
|Slot3||Symbol of Torment||Wizard flag|
|Slot4||Summon Scarabs||Wizard flag|
|Slot5||Blink|| Emergency flag,|
Tips & Tricks
- Unless you manage to lure away individual mummies very carefully, you'll be facing an army of extremely dangerous monsters that can injure you no matter what you do. Bring as much torment resistance as you can get to avoid being decimated in the first few rounds. A scroll of blinking will help you get out of their line of sight quickly should everything start to fall apart.
- A potion of lignification grants torment immunity, poison resistance for the scorpions, and a significant bonus to HP, but also renders you immobile. In the sorts of areas Khufu can be found, being unable to flee from dangerous opponents can be lethal. Try to use this strategy in an area you have already cleared, so reinforcements don't stumble upon you mid-fight, and most certainly do not lignify in the open where 8 enemies can surround you.
- Try to lure Khufu into a narrow corridor (or better yet, a kill hole, though you probably won't be able to create your own in the Crypt or Tomb). Doing so cuts down on the number of reinforcements he can call in, as well as how many of his entourage will be able to reach you.
- Khufu is a good target for attacks that can bypass the front lines. Piercing attacks like javelins or bolt spells, smite-targeted attacks like Portal Projectile or some gods' Invocations, Polearms to reach past his summons...
- If you have a condenser vane and some Evocations training, this is the time to use it. Bathing Khufu's army in a sea of flames is best, but freezing clouds will at least soften them up a little. For those with extensive Evocations training, a blast of thunderclouds or especially acid will also prove effective (though poison and negative energy will be useless).
- Silence stops up his spellcasting capabilities very effectively, assuming you can get close enough to him.
- Prior to 0.28, Khufu had the Tomb of Doroklohe instead of Blink.
- Prior to 0.27, Khufu had Summon Undead instead of Summon Scarabs.
- 0.28 articles
- Hit type
- Plain flavour
- Cold resistance
- Electricity resistance
- Poison resistance
- Poison resistance 3
- Drown resistance
- Miasma resistance
- Negative energy resistance
- Negative energy 3
- Torment resistance
- Holy vulnerability
- Human intelligence
- Weapons armour
- Starting equipment
- Open doors
- Undead holiness
- Asphyxiation resistance
- Medium monsters
- Evil monsters
- See invisible
- Unbreathing monsters
- Speaking monster
- Unique monsters
- Male monsters