|Summons multiple undead monsters, creating various ghosts, vampires, wraiths and other lesser undead.|
Summon Undead is a monsters-only spell which summons several undead monsters around the caster. Although most of the summoned undead are weak and easily defeated, high-HD casters can summon multiple undead with each casting, and the player may be swarmed. Also, be careful around any summoned flayed ghosts, as they can be harmful to even endgame characters.
Summon Undead can create these monsters, with equal probability:
- M Mummy: Slow and weak to fire
- z Wight: Draining attack
- n Necrophage: Draining attack
- W Shadow: Hits hard if you can't see invisible
- V Vampire: Can turn invisible and/or confuse you
- W Wraith: Slows you when attacking
- z Flying skull: Fast, loud, can be used as a target for Lee's Rapid Deconstruction
- W Freezing wraith: Cold attack, slows you when attacking
- W Phantasmal warrior: Attacks reduce willpower; can blink close to you
- V Jiangshi: Vampiric attacks, moves very fast in bursts
- W Shadow wraith: Invisible, slows you when attacking
- W Flayed ghost: Very powerful smite-targeted attack
It can also create derived undead (each with the same probability as an individual monster above):
- Zombie: Slow but durable
- Skeleton: Slower and less durable; Can be used as a target for Lee's Rapid Deconstruction
- Simulacrum: Weak to fire, but can deal heavy cold damage; can be used as a target for Lee's Rapid Deconstruction
- Spectral thing: Flies, has draining attacks, immune to enchantments
The following enemies cast Summon Undead:
- Prior to their removal in 0.26, this spell could summon hungry ghosts.
- Many of the monsters summoned by this spell were changed dramatically in 0.13.
- mon-cast.cc:4011 (0.26.1)