Summon Undead is a monsters-only spell which summons several undead monsters around the caster. Although most of the summoned undead are weak and easily defeated, high-HD casters can summon multiple undead with each casting, and the player may be swarmed. Also, be careful around any summoned flayed ghosts, as they can be harmful to even endgame characters.
Summon Undead can create these monsters, with equal probability:
- n Necrophage: Rotting attack
- V Jiangshi: Moves fast.
- W Hungry ghost: Reduces satiation
- W Flayed ghost: Very powerful smite attack.
- z Flying skull: Fast, can be used as a target for Lee's Rapid Deconstruction
- M Mummy: Killing summoned mummies doesn't generate death curses
- V Vampire
- z Wight: Draining attack
- W Wraith: Slows you if you don't have negative energy resistance.
- W Shadow wraith: Invisible, slows you if you don't have negative energy resistance.
- W Freezing wraith: Cold attack
- W Phantasmal warrior: Reduces magic resistance, and blinks close to you.
- W Shadow: Hits hard if you can't see invisible
It can also create derived undead (each with the same probability as an individual monster above):
- Skeleton: Can be used as a target for Lee's Rapid Deconstruction
- Simulacrum: May deal heavy ice damage, can be used as a target for Lee's Rapid Deconstruction
- Spectral thing
The following enemies cast Summon Undead:
The following enemies may be able to cast Summon Undead, depending on their spell set:
- M Greater mummy (50.0% chance)
Many of these monsters were changed dramatically in 0.13.