For a list of all mummies, see list of mummies.
| An ancient pharaoh, embalmed and cursed to undeath, now capable of great and terrifying feats of magic.
“I see Egypt and the Egyptians — I see the pyramids and obelisks;
Royal mummies are the most powerful and durable mummies, the bane of unprepared adventurers. They can torment you, have great HP, and cause the most powerful death curses. They can be found in the Tomb, on Tomb-themed Ziggurat floors, and in the company of Khufu.
Tips & Tricks
- Royal mummies are extremely dangerous: they can torment and smite from a safe distance, summon slowing death scarabs, and have amazing durability. They'll often survive multiple casts of mid-power Fire Storm, Ignition, Shatter, Dispel Undead, etc., so it's tough to take them down quickly.
- Catching them with Silence will shut down all of their spells, making them much more manageable.
- Being undead (through Death Form or species) will take much of the sting out of their death curse.
- For such a strong monster, they have decidedly a lackluster HD of 15. Unfortunately, their high willpower and undead resistances make this mostly irrelevant, but it does make them vulnerable to Zin's Recite.
- Prior to 0.27, royal mummies could have one of four possible spell sets:
- Prior to 0.26, royal mummies were known as greater mummies.