For a list of all golems, see list of constructs.
|A large, ponderous and very solid statue of metal, given the power of locomotion through some esoteric means.|
Iron golems are tough, slow-moving constructs which hit significantly harder than their lesser brethren. They're immune to hostile enchantments and elemental damage. They are usually only found in certain vaults or the Iron City of Dis.
Tips & Tricks
- Use its speed to your advantage, whether you're a caster or a melee brute. Iron golems are slow enough for anyone who isn't a devotee of Cheibriados to kite.
- To actually take down an iron golem, expect to have to pound on it for an extended period of time with physical attacks or spells like Airstrike, Earth Magic, or non-elemental Conjurations. Try luring it somewhere relatively safe so you aren't rudely interrupted by something capable of keeping up with you.
- Lee's Rapid Deconstruction works well on iron golems. It has the added bonus of creating shrapnel that damages anything adjacent to the golem.
- Spells like Iron Shot and Lehudib's Crystal Spear will also cut through their defenses, and their EV is low enough for it to have a decent chance of hitting.
- Don't let yourself get boxed in with an iron golem; they may be slow, but they're strong enough to mash a squishy wizard in a couple hits and deal serious damage to careless melee fighters.
Variant Iron Golem
Cigotuvi's Fleshworks contains a flesh golem in the first chamber past the prison cells. It isn't any stronger than a regular iron golem, but the chamber does contain clouds of mutagenic fog, so try to stick to the edges.
|An animated mound of misshapen flesh.|