Version 0.28: This article may not be up to date for the latest stable release of Crawl.
For a list of all merfolk, see list of merfolk.
|merfolk javelineer m|
|Speed||10 (swim: 60%)|
|Attack1|| 12 (hit: plain)
|Uses|| Weapons & armour|
| A fearsome merfolk champion with a piercing gaze and a large bundle of javelins.
“Again at length my thought reviving came,
Merfolk javelineers are powerful merfolk who inhabit the Shoals. They hurl javelins with great force.
Tips & Tricks
- Javelineers carry large stacks of javelins, so characters looking for good throwing weapons should stop by the Shoals.
- These monsters deal a lot of damage, so stay away if you have low EV. RMsl is excellent here, if you can get it. They're not quite as bad as deep elf master archers, but they tend to appear in greater numbers and with more friends.
- Javelineers occasionally carry silver javelins; Transmuters, Demonspawn, and the heavily mutated should expect even heavier damage output than usual.
- Unlike most ranged combatants, merfolk javelineers won't stop chucking javelins at you if you close into melee range. If you have a way to deal damage from a distance, do so to avoid having to charge through a rain of javelins.
- In 0.28, Merfolk javlineers were nerfed (damage 17->12, EV 14->12, HP 78->73).
- In 0.27, Merfolk javelineers were made to hold less javelins (but now have infinite ammo).
- In 0.24, the buff to javelins indirectly buffed javelineers; shields, other than the small warlock's mirror, no longer block them.