(Redirected from Royal mummies)
Version 0.27: This article may not be up to date for the latest stable release of Crawl.
|royal mummy M|
|Attack1|| 35 (hit: plain)
|Uses|| Weapons & armour|
| An ancient pharaoh, embalmed and cursed to undeath, now capable of great and terrifying feats of magic.
“I see Egypt and the Egyptians — I see the pyramids and obelisks;
Royal mummies are the most powerful and durable mummies, the bane of unprepared adventurers. They're resistant to electricity, cold, and most Hexes, immune to poison and negative energy, and have the most powerful death curse in the game. They can be found in the Tomb, on Tomb-themed Ziggurat floors, and in the company of Khufu.
|Spell set I|
|Slot1||Smiting (7-17)||Wizard flag|
|Slot2||Symbol of Torment||Wizard flag|
|Slot3||Summon Emperor Scorpions||Wizard flag|
|Slot4||Summon Scarabs||Wizard flag|
Tips & Tricks
- Royal mummies are extremely dangerous opponents, tormenting and smiting you from a safe distance while their summons and mummy allies slow you down. Don't let them live any longer than you have to.
- Catching them with Silence will shut down all of their spells, making them much more manageable.
- Being undead through Necromutation or just by nature will take much of the sting out of their death curse.
- For such a strong monster, they have decidedly a lackluster HD of 15. Unfortunately, their high willpower and undead resistances make this mostly irrelevant, but it does give them a few small but notable weaknesses:
- They are somewhat vulnerable to Zin's Recite power.
- Their spellpower isn't that great, which makes their Abjuration attempts not particularly powerful.
- Prior to 0.27, royal mummies could have one of four possible spell sets:
- Smiting (7-17), Symbol of Torment, Summon Demon, and Summon Emperor Scorpions
- Smiting (7-17), Symbol of Torment, Summon Demon, and Summon Undead
- Smiting (7-17), Symbol of Torment, Summon Emperor Scorpions, and Summon Scarabs
- Smiting (7-17), Symbol of Torment, Summon Mana Viper, and Summon Undead
- Prior to 0.26, royal mummies were known as greater mummies.
- 0.27 articles
- Hit type
- Plain flavour
- Cold resistance
- Electricity resistance
- Poison resistance
- Poison resistance 3
- Drown resistance
- Miasma resistance
- Negative energy resistance
- Negative energy 3
- Torment resistance
- Holy vulnerability
- Human intelligence
- Weapons armour
- Starting equipment
- Open doors
- Undead holiness
- Asphyxiation resistance
- Medium monsters
- Evil monsters
- See invisible
- Unbreathing monsters
- Speaking monster