Version 0.24: This article may not be up to date for the latest stable release of Crawl.
|Saint Roka o|
|Attack1|| 35 (hit: plain)
|Uses|| Weapons & armour|
|A mighty warlord. Some orcs even say they are the Chosen One of Beogh.|
Saint Roka the Messiah is a unique orc warlord of Beogh who leads a band of fellow orcs on a crusade for their god. Saint Roka is a very powerful melee fighter, usually found wielding a powerful two-handed weapon and wearing a heavily enchanted set of plate armour, but they are also a threat at range due to their smiting and the crossbow they occasionally spawn with.
- The Orcish Mines: 2
- The Elven Halls:2-3
- The Snake Pit:2-4
- The Vaults
- The Crypt
- The Depths
|Spell set I|
|Slot2||Smiting (7-17)||Priest flag|
Tips & Tricks
- If you ever start finding orcs "where they shouldn't be" (e.g. the Snake Pit), and you've ruled out shapeshifters, be prepared for a Saint Roka encounter.
- If Saint Roka lacks a crossbow, their smite hurts a lot less than their glaive, so tackling them from range is generally the less dangerous prospect.
- Facing Saint Roka's entire cohort at once is often suicidal. Don't be afraid to show up, blast a few orcish minions, and then flee to safety.
- Especially pious followers of Beogh may be able to convert Saint Roka to their cause, giving them an incredibly powerful permanent ally.
- As strong as they are, Saint Roka can't see invisible (nor can their minions, barring an orc sorcerer or orc high priest). Using invisibility can help you either get a leg up in combat or escape in relative safety.
- Saint Roka was male before version 0.24.