|A mighty warlord. Some orcs even say they are the Chosen One of Beogh.|
Saint Roka the Messiah is a unique orc warlord of Beogh who leads a band of fellow orcs on a crusade for their god. Saint Roka is a very powerful melee fighter, usually found wielding a powerful two-handed weapon and wearing a heavily enchanted plate armour, but is also a threat at range due to their smiting and the crossbow they occasionally spawn with.
Tips & Tricks
- If you ever start finding orcs "where they shouldn't be" (e.g. the Snake Pit), and you've ruled out shapeshifters, be prepared for a Saint Roka encounter.
- If Saint Roka lacks a crossbow, their smite hurts a lot less than their glaive, so tackling them from range is generally the less dangerous prospect.
- Facing Saint Roka's entire cohort at once is often suicidal. Don't be afraid to show up, blast a few orcish minions, and then flee to safety.
- Especially pious followers of Beogh may be able to convert Saint Roka to their cause, giving them an incredibly powerful permanent ally.
- As strong as they are, Saint Roka can't see invisible (nor can their minions, barring an orc sorcerer or orc high priest). Using invisibility can help you either get a leg up in combat or escape in relative safety.
- Saint Roka was male before version 0.24.