Scroll of enchant armour
(Redirected from Scroll of enchant armor)
| A scroll that places an enchantment on a piece of armour chosen by the reader. Body armour and bardings can be enchanted up to the same value as their base AC. Bucklers, shields and large shields can be enchanted up to +3, +5 or +8 respectively, and other armour can be enchanted up to +2. Magical artefacts cannot be enchanted at all.
It can also be used to enchant the hides of certain exotic creatures.
Artefacts cannot be enchanted by this scroll.
The enchantment cannot be increased once maximum enchant level (see below) is reached.
|Maximum Enchantment Levels|
|Body armour||+(Armour's base AC)|
|Shields||+3 for Bucklers, +5 for Kite shields, +8 for Tower shields|
|All other armour||+2|
- If you find multiple scrolls of enchant armour early in the game and possess multiple pieces of armour, it is a good idea to spread single enchantments across multiple pieces of gear, rather than pooling everything into one item. This will help to maximize your AC in the long run, as helmets, cloaks, gloves, and boots with additional AC enchantments are usually common in the early to mid game.
- For example, you may find a +0 helmet and +0 cloak, and decide to use your scrolls to upgrade to a +2 helmet. If you come across a +2 helmet lying on the ground, the additional enchantment would be wasted had you originally decided to upgrade to a +1 helmet and +1 cloak instead.
- It is also useful to consider the rarity of egos appearing on other pieces of armour. Cloaks are most likely to generate with an extra ego such as poison or magic resistance, followed by gloves, boots, and hats or helmets.
- It might be tempting to save scrolls of enchant armour for when you've found a dragon armour that you'd like to fully enchant and use for the rest of the game, but be aware that surviving that long is much more difficult if your defenses are miserably low. Don't be too stingy with these scrolls in the early- and mid-game if you're having difficulty progressing.
- If you don't have an obvious use for these scrolls, consider saving them for potentially satisfying the requirements of a treasure trove portal.
- Prior to 0.19, scrolls of enchant armour would convert dragon hides into their respective dragon armours.
- Prior to 0.18, scrolls of enchant armour could remove curses on armour.
- Prior to 0.8, increasing the enchantment level could fail if it was already high.
|Acquirement • Amnesia • Blinking • Brand weapon • Enchant armour • Enchant weapon • Fear • Fog • Holy word • Identify • Immolation • Magic mapping • Noise • Silence • Summoning • Teleportation • Torment • Vulnerability|