| A cloth cloak.
"O Bell my wife, why dost thou flyte?
Cloaks are pieces of armour that fill the cloak slot. They take 5 turns to equip or remove, and can be enchanted up to +2. Scarves take the same slot and have useful properties, but provide less physical protection than a cloak; see their article for more details.
Cloaks can normally have the following egos:
- Poison resistance: Grants poison resistance
- Willpower: Grants +40 willpower
- Stealth: Grants +50 stealth
- Preservation: Grants corrosion resistance
Looking for a cloak early on? If you come across (and can kill) Crazy Yiuf, he's guaranteed to come with a cloak. It might even have an ego! Other uniques, including Maurice and Nikola, are also guaranteed to wear cloaks.
If you still need a good cloak in the late game, the Realm of Zot can be a good place to search. Many draconians will generate with cloaks, increasing your chances of finding one with a decent ego and enchantment. Tiamat will always have the +4 dragonskin cloak, if you can take her down.
- Prior to 0.25, cloaks could generate with invisibility, but not with stealth or preservation.
- Scarves were added in 0.20.
- Prior to 0.17, all cloaks provided some protection against acid.
- Prior to 0.16, the invisibility ego was called the Darkness ego.
- Prior to 0.15, the preservation ego could be found on cloaks. This ego was removed along with item destruction and permanent corrosion effects.
- Prior to 0.14, racial variant cloaks existed. Also, wearing a cloak meant you had to take it off in order to change body armour; among other things, this meant that wearing a cursed cloak prevented you from taking off your body armour.
|Cloak of the Thief|
|Cloak of Starlight|
|Body Armour|| Leather armour • Ring mail • Scale mail • Chain mail • Plate armour • Crystal plate armour
Robe • Animal skin • Troll leather armour • Steam dragon scales • Acid dragon scales •
|Miscellaneous||Hat • Helmet • Cloak • Scarf • Gloves • Boots • Barding|
|Shields||Buckler • Kite shield • Tower shield • Orb|