| A cloth cloak.
"O Bell my wife, why dost thou flyte?
Cloaks are pieces of armour that fill the cloak slot. They take 5 turns to equip or remove, and can be enchanted up to +2. Scarves take the same slot and have useful properties, but provide less physical protection than a cloak; see their article for more details.
Cloaks can normally have the following egos:
- Poison resistance: Grants poison resistance
- Magic resistance: Grants +30 magic resistance
- Invisibility: Evoke to become invisible (increases metabolism while active)
Only found in some vaults (notably Ice Caves):
- Cold resistance: Grants cold resistance
Looking for a cloak early on? If you come across (and can kill) Crazy Yiuf, he's guaranteed to come with a cloak. It might even have an ego! Other uniques, including Maurice and Nikola, are also guaranteed to wear cloaks.
If you still need a decent cloak in the late game, the Realm of Zot can be a good place to search. Many draconians will generate with cloaks, increasing your chances of finding one with a decent ego and enchantment.
- Scarves were added in 0.20.
- Prior to 0.17, cloaks provided some protection against acid.
- Prior to 0.16, the invisibility ego was called the Darkness ego.
- Prior to 0.15, the preservation ego could be found on cloaks. This ego was removed along with item destruction and permanent corrosion effects.
- Prior to 0.14, racial variant cloaks existed. Also, wearing a cloak meant you had to take it off in order to change body armour; among other things, this meant that wearing a cursed cloak prevented you from taking off your body armour.
|Cloak of the Thief|
|Cloak of Starlight|
|Body Armour|| Robe • Animal skin • Leather armour • Ring mail • Scale mail • Chain mail • Plate armour •|
Crystal plate armour • Troll leather armour • Steam dragon scales • Acid dragon scales •
Swamp dragon scales • Quicksilver dragon scales • Fire dragon scales • Ice dragon scales
Pearl dragon scales • Shadow dragon scales • Storm dragon scales • Gold dragon scales
|Headgear||Hat • Helmet|
|Miscellaneous||Cloak • Scarf • Gloves • Boots • Centaur barding • Naga barding|
|Shields||Buckler • Shield • Large shield|