Version 0.30: This article is up to date for the latest stable release of Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.
This page refers to the type of equipment. For the object of your quest, see Orb of Zot. For the spell, see Orb of Destruction.
|Size to wear||Any|
|Time to Wear||5|
|A sphere of crystal, carried in place of a shield. Magic scintillates within its interior.|
Orbs are a piece of equipment you can carry in your off-hand. Unlike shields, they provide no defensive value, but come with one of several unique egos:
- Energy - Provides two sources of passive channeling
- Guile - Reduces willpower of both the wielder and their targets
- Light - Surrounds the wielder with a 3-tile halo
- Mayhem - May send enemies into a frenzy
- Wrath - Has a 20% of inducing berserk rage when the wielder attacks
Orbs will always spawn with one of the egos listed above. Randart orbs will always spawn with one of these egos.
- Prior to 0.30, orbs could not appear as randarts. Also, three unrand orbs were introduced in this version (all formely staff unrands).
- Equippable orbs were added in 0.28.
|Sphere of Battle|
|Orb of Dispater|
|crystal ball of Wucad Mu|
|Body Armour|| Leather armour • Ring mail • Scale mail • Chain mail • Plate armour • Crystal plate armour
Robe • Animal skin • Troll leather armour • Steam dragon scales • Acid dragon scales •
|Miscellaneous||Hat • Helmet • Cloak • Scarf • Gloves • Boots • Barding|
|Shields||Buckler • Kite shield • Tower shield • Orb|