For a list of all spriggans, see list of spriggans.
|First and most fearful of her kind, the Enchantress rules over the spriggans of the dungeon. She wears an opalescent outfit made of dragon skin that shimmers with many colours.|
The Enchantress is a rare spriggan unique who leads a band of spriggan defenders, berserkers, and air mages. She spawns with a powerful weapon (16% chance of distortion) and the suit of randomly generated faerie dragon scales, has an innate Repel Missiles effect up at all times, is incredibly evasive, and knows several dangerous Hexes.
Tips & Tricks
- The Enchantress and her band of allies can be devastating if faced all at once and are very difficult to escape. If you see spriggans, try to lure them away a few at a time; even if the Enchantress isn't part of the band, it's still a good habit. Like any other encounter, you should limit the melee attackers to a hallway.
- You'll want massive amounts of willpower to reduce the impact of her hexes, and high AC/GDR will reduce the sting of her demon whip.
- As she can deny you the ability to teleport, try to have another means of escape at your disposal, such as Haste plus a timely Swiftness.
- Actually hitting her can be a huge pain, especially for ranged weapon users. If possible, use spells like Airstrike, Fireball, Lee's Rapid Deconstruction, or anything else that bypasses EV.
- Be sure to check out the faerie dragon scales she drops. Its usefulness can vary wildly, but has the potential to be extremely worthwhile.
- Prior to 0.25, the Enchantress had permanent Deflect Missiles instead of Repel Missiles (and had EV increased slightly to compensate).
- Prior to 0.14, she would only appear in massive spriggan-themed vaults that would rarely generate in the lower floors of the Dungeon.
- Prior to 0.13, she knew Banishment in place of Dimension Anchor, Strip Resistance, and Mass Confusion.
- In 0.7, she could be generated in Wizard mode. She was added into the standard game in 0.8.
- During the short period in which the Enchanted Forest generated in trunk, the Enchantress was guaranteed to spawn on the lowest floor.