|A rare and powerful spirit from the elemental plane of earth, it exists in this world by inhabiting a hulking mass of iron.|
Tips & Tricks
- Iron elementals are thankfully very slow, and while their magic immunity and broad array of elemental immunities will make things brutal for casters, their physical defenses aren't insurmountable for a good melee fighter. Casters with non-elemental Conjurations should use those; Airstrike and Earth Magic such as Lee's Rapid Deconstruction will also work.
- Using Lee's Rapid Deconstruction will create blasts of metal shrapnel, which can deal heavy damage to anything next to the elemental.
- Should you encounter iron elementals with the Iron Giant, Abjuration can help get rid of some of them, but taking out the Iron Giant is the more important task. If you don't think you can face it toe-to-toe, it might be best to simply run.
- Their spells, though damaging, have fairly short range. Kiting them is a decent strategy, considering their slow movement speed. Repel or Deflect Missiles will also help, as will having high defenses.
- High magic resistance will help you avoid getting slowed.
Iron elementals were added in 0.7.