| A hideous mass of body parts. Each varies in speed and durability by the nature of whatever unfortunates were used to make it.
“No — it wasn't that way at all. It was everywhere — a gelatin — a slime yet it had shapes, a thousand shapes of horror beyond all memory. There were eyes — and a blemish. It was the pit — the maelstrom — the ultimate abomination. Carter, it was the unnamable!”
Small abominations are mindless, demonic, undead horrors with semi-random stats that stalk the Abyss. They are much less dangerous than large abominations, but can still be pests, especially when their speed is higher than 10.
Small abominations can be created from corpses by the monster-only Twisted Resurrection spell, and they also spawn randomly in the Abyss. They do not heal naturally, instead they can regain hitpoints by fusing with crawling corpses and macabre masses..
Tips & Tricks
- Though these are much weaker than the big version, they are much more likely to have high speed. This makes running from them in the Abyss a challenge, and you generally don't want to stand and fight there.
- Being brainless, they can be lured into traps easily.
Being haphazard collections of random body parts, small abominations can take multiple forms:
- Prior to 0.16, players could cast Twisted Resurrection to create their own abominations.
- Prior to 0.14, abominations could heal naturally.
- Prior to 0.12, you could read a scroll of unholy creation to get a permanent friendly abomination.
- mon-abil.cc:278 (0.24.0)