|| A charred skull floating in the air and rotating slowly. Mystic symbols are carved into its blackened surface.
Curse skulls are fast and powerful undead monsters, which resist almost everything, summon swarms of undead allies, and torment you repeatedly. They can be found in the Crypt.
Tips & Tricks
- Their high AC, elemental resistances, and evasive behavior makes them difficult to kill.
- Dispel Undead can destroy them in a few shots. But getting into range is difficult, due to the mass of summons and the tendency to stay on the edge of LOS.
- Due to their resistances, many elemental spells fare poorly. Irresistible spells like Lee's Rapid Deconstruction, Borgnjor's Vile Clutch or Airstrike bypass this problem. Level 9 spells can also pierce resistances.
- Melee fighters can use weapons of holy wrath. Javelins or bolt wands can work well if you can't get in melee range.
- Curse skulls are immune to Silence and have infinite willpower, so you can't simply disable their ability to cast spells.
- Try to minimize time spent in line of sight with a curse skull; this minimizes the amount of torments. Use corners or a scroll of fog to break the line of sight.
- A potion of lignification gives immunity to torment. However, you'll be trapped with the curse skull, along with its army of summoned reinforcements. Use with caution; preferably use it around a corner, somewhere away from unexplored regions.
- In 0.16 onward, curse skulls can move when outside player LOS at fast (15) speed.
- In 0.15, curse skulls were stationary.
- In 0.13 and 0.14, curse skulls could move when outside player LOS, at normal speed.
- Prior to 0.13, curse skulls were stationary and had significantly higher HP and AC.