For a list of all nagas, see list of nagas.
|An elite marksnaga who leads a skilled team of sharpshooters. She is particularly skilled in translocation magic.|
Vashnia the Elite Marksnaga is a unique naga who leads a band of fellow naga sharpshooters. She is deadlier and more durable than her allies, and her Translocations magic can send either herself or her allies backwards. Along with the standard longbow or crossbow, she also always generates with a barding.
Vashnia has the Archer flag, dealing up to 21 extra damage with ranged weapons.
- The Snake Pit: 2-4
Tips & Tricks
- In general, you shouldn't try to fight Vashnia and her squad at the same time. If you get shot from 4 nagas at once, you can take up to 180 damage/turn (40 per sharpshooter, 60 from Vashnia) before AC.
- You may want to try luring monsters away from the group. Due to the "band" AI, the squad will generally stick together. However, with enough persistence - and an otherwise safe floor - you can eventually pick off the band.
- All nagas move slowly. If you are faster than a naga, a good option is to walk away, go upstairs, and avoid her band entirely. If you engage in combat, try to retreat early, since each sharpshooter has free reign to shoot as you are retreating.
- As with all ranged enemies, a kill hole can be effective at separating them.
- Thanks to Portal Projectile, each sharpshooter can attack past one another, so hiding behind enemies doesn't work.
- She has considerable willpower, though a scroll of vulnerability or orb of guile can bring it down to reasonable levels. Tukima's Dance is particularly effective. A wand of paralysis and wand of charming can do the trick, too.
- A phial of floods can disable her blinking, allowing melee characters to catch up.
- A much more risky method to disable blinking is a potion of attraction. First, be certain that none of her band is alive; trying to fight all the sharpshooters at once is bound to end up poorly. Then, you need to be confident to beat Vashnia in the first place; using might and haste is highly recommended.
- Don't bother trying to go berserk, as she'll just blink away and fill you with holes as your rage wears off.