For a list of all nagas, see list of nagas.
|An elite marksnaga who leads a skilled team of sharpshooters. She is particularly skilled in translocation magic.|
Vashnia the Elite Marksnaga is a unique naga sharpshooter who leads a band of her fellow naga archers. She is deadlier and more durable than her allies, and she uses her Translocations magic to move units around the battlefield, forcing you out of melee range or putting her allies in perfect positions to snipe you. Along with the standard longbow or crossbow, she also always generates with a naga barding.
- The Snake Pit: 2-4
Tips & Tricks
- If you have a way to get Repel or Deflect Missiles, that can help take a lot of the sting out of Vashnia and her band's attacks. Alternatively, duck into a kill hole to limit how many nagas can shoot at you at once.
- She's got considerable MR, making it difficult to disable her without a scroll of vulnerability. The best way to fight her is probably a straight slugfest after you've separated her from her allies. Any buffs you have like haste or might are probably a good choice here.
- Don't bother trying to go berserk, as she'll just blink away and fill you with holes as your rage wears off.
- Silence will shut down her magic for a time, which can help you pin her down long enough to kill her.
- Vashnia's no faster than any other naga. Any character that moves faster than naga speed can outrun and avoid her if necessary -- her predilection for blinking specifically away from her makes this even easier.
- If you kite her long enough, Vashnia will eventually run out of ammunition. This will ideally happen over the course of several encounters -- attempting to run her out of arrows in one sitting will probably get you killed.