|Source(s)||Book of Blood|
Book of Changes
| Transforms some of the caster's blood into that of a were-beast, causing them to occasionally howl uncontrollably. While active, each non-summoned enemy the caster slays in combat temporarily enhances their melee and ranged effectiveness, and killing adjacent enemies also provides minor healing.
The bonus only lasts for the duration of a single cast; retransforming the caster's blood calms the were-spirit and resets the bonus.
“I was not there for rehearsal, I don’t need it any more
Wereblood is a level 2 Transmutations spell which gives you a temporary slaying bonus based on the number of monsters killed, as well as minor healing. Transmuters start with this spell.
While the spell is active each enemy killed grants a +1 slaying bonus (up to a cap of +9), as well as 1d3 healing if the enemy was adjacent to the player. Both effects only apply when killing monsters that give XP, so destroying summons will not help. Unfortunately, the bestial blood gives your character the irresistible urge to howl, generating significant noise.
The effect lasts
20 + (1d<power> + 1d(<power> + 1)) / 2 - 1 turns. Casting the spell again while still active will renew the duration, but also resets the slaying bonus.
Tips & Tricks
Despite the low level of this spell, melee, ranged, and hybrid fighters at most stages of the game can benefit from the practically free Slaying bonus offered by this spell. As you should expect, unarmed Transmutations experts, without encumbering armour, can most easily use this spell.
- Prior to 0.27, Wereblood had no healing effect from killing adjacent enemies.
- Prior to 0.26, this spell was known as Song of Slaying, was a level 2 Charms spell, and was slightly louder.
- Prior to 0.20, you could stop singing through an ability at any time.
- Prior to 0.18, toughness of monsters controlled how much they could increase the slaying bonus. The bonus wasn't capped.
- Prior to 0.14, the spell had lower duration and granted less slaying, but had a higher power cap.
- Song of Slaying was added in 0.13.
During the Christmas holiday of 2014 and 2015, online Crawl servers replaced this spell with the Song of Sleighing:
|This spell conjures ancient Christmas carols within the caster's mind, which the caster then recites — quite loudly! Each non-summoned enemy the caster slays in combat during this recitation temporarily enhances their melee & ranged skills. The bonus only lasts for the duration of the song; casting this spell while already singing will start a new song, not extend an existing one.|
This had no impact on actual gameplay.
- ↑ spl-selfench.cc:186 (0.28.0)