|A weary draconian with foreign and watery scales. She has come to the Dungeon in hopes of resurrecting her mortal husband; a noble cause, for a being once known for quarreling with saints and flooding unfortunate temples. If pressed to her limits, she will reveal her true form, the mere sight of which struck her husband dead. Adventurers may wish they were so lucky!|
Bai Suzhen, Madame White Snake is a unique mid- to late-game draconian wayfarer of incredible strength and toughness who always spawns with a quarterstaff. While she's no Tiamat, she does have more HP and AC than most draconians and hits slightly harder in melee, too. She usually summons two or three hydras to her side, and as she is whittled down to half her health, she'll reveal her true form....
- Elven Halls: 1-3
- Vaults: 2-5
- Crypt: 1-3
- The Depths: 1-5
- The Snake Pit: 3-4
- The Spider's Nest: 3-4
- The Shoals: 3-4
- The Swamp: 3-4
Tips & Tricks
- While Bai Suzhen is still in her base draconian form, do your best to fight her in a corridor or other chokepoint. You don't need two or three hydras chewing on you while you're trying to fight her.
- Make sure you have a source of electricity resistance handy; a potion of resistance will work if you have no other options. She can't deal any electrical damage as a draconian, but once she gets hurt...
- If you don't have access to any rElec whatsoever, prepare for a long-distance kiting battle; having a way to boost your movement speed will help with that (a potion of haste will do in a pinch). If fighting at long range isn't something your character can do well, consider avoiding Bai Suzhen entirely.
As Bai Suzhen reaches half health, she'll transform into a storm dragon, dropping her weapon and prior spellset for trample attacks, more AC, a powerful Primal Wave breath weapon, and a ring of storm clouds that can do heavy electricity damage, striking down uninsulated players.
Tips & Tricks
- Once Bai Suzhen transforms, she gains the ability to knock you back, potentially out of your chokepoint. Fortunately, any summoned hydras that are still around are going to be reluctant to enter her ring of storm clouds, but they could cause issues if they can find a way around to you before timing out.
- Kiting Bai Suzhen in her dragon form is made more difficult by her Primal Wave, which not only deals decent damage (especially if you aren't aquatic or resistant to asphyxiation) but also creates pools of shallow water beneath you. If you can't move easily through water, start flying so you aren't slowed down. Keep in mind that any summoned hydras that are still around move faster in water.
Bai Suzhen was introduced in 0.19